About Survivors Rising
Survivors Rising is a working group dedicated to advocacy, education, and support for survivors of intimate partner and domestic violence in Omaha, Nebraska. Our mission is to advocate and empower survivors and ensure the survivor voice is represented in prevention, policy, service provision and offender accountability.
Survivors Rising was created by a small group of survivors of intimate partner and domestic violence who are passionate about the cause. We recognized the need for advocacy, education, survivor engagement in the community, and support for all survivors. Survivors Rising is a catalyst for change. We are committed to working with survivors to provide hope and tools for healing and to providing survivor engagement in all aspects of our communities. There should be nothing about us without us.
Survivors Rising is an official 501c3 organization based out of Omaha, Nebraska.
- Discussion Groups (Facilitated by qualified professionals)
- Survivors Retreat (Personal development/survivor engagement in the community)
- Speakers Bureau (Training on how to share one’s story and partnering with businesses, universities, and organizations)
- Advocacy through legislative watch and testifying before the legislature regarding laws on intimate partner violence
- Partnerships with area trauma informed counselors/practitioners
Get Help Now!
WCA 24/7 Crisis Line: 402-345-7273
WCA 24/7 Espanol: 402-672-7118
Catholic Charities, The Shelter Hotline: 402-558-5700
Heartland Family Services: 1(800)-523-3666
National Domestic Hotline: 1(800)-799-7233