Survivors Rising Full-Time Executive Director
Salary: $65,000.00 Annual Salary – Grant Funded
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Our mission is to advocate and empower survivors and ensure the survivor voice is represented in prevention, policy, service provision and offender accountability.
Survivors Rising was created by a small group of survivors who are passionate about supporting positive change. We recognized the need for advocacy, education and survivor engagement in the community.
Survivors Rising is dedicated to representing survivors of sex trafficking, sexual exploitation, sexual assault, dating/domestic violence, and stalking.
Survivors Rising is currently a volunteer-run organization. We are in a transition and growth stage of our organization. The success of our growth and expanded peer leadership efforts depends on having an Executive Director dedicated to establishing a successful internal infrastructure of support, building strong community relationships and expanding fundraising capabilities. The Executive Director will undertake operational and administrative tasks that provide a strong foundation for the work of our survivor community and Board of Directors.
The Executive Director will work to develop an internal infrastructure for the organization, ensuring that the work we do is supportive of all survivors’ individual needs, is trauma-informed, is collaborative within the responder and prevention communities, and that the organization continues to develop survivor leadership.
- Work closely with the board of directors to implement the organization’s strategic plan
- Oversee budget and monthly financial reports to board of directors
- Support and supervise a Survivor Engagement Specialist
- Develop funding opportunities to support all goals and programs
- Establish new referral and peer relationships within survivor responder network
- Manage existing relationships with Women’s Fund Circles, MADVAC and WCA
- Collaborate with partner organizations on public awareness and prevention campaigns
- Manage Speakers Bureau requests and develop new speaking opportunities, evaluation, assist with story development and coordinate Speakers Bureau workshop
- Build a strong administrative infrastructure and community partnerships
- Build community of survivors through Speakers Bureau and advisory council committees to maintain connections with SR and with other survivors
- Facilitate bi-monthly survivor committee meetings and bi-annual advisory council meetings.
- Research grant RFPs, grant writing and reporting
- Manage website, social media and development of marketing materials.
- A bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent nonprofit management experience
- 5-10 years nonprofit experience
- A high degree of interest in Survivors Rising’s mission and program
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Demonstrated ability to manage, direct, motivate and develop staff
- Self-starter with excellent organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of Survivors Rising’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers, community, and donors
- Demonstrated ability in successful fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Computer savvy individual with a knowledge of marketing strategies and utilization of various social media platforms
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse populations of survivors, volunteers and donor groups
- Ability to collaborate, communicate and coordinate work with the board.
- Knowledge of the dynamics and impact of domestic and sexual violence, human trafficking, child abuse and stalking
- Awareness of compassion fatigue and understanding of the importance of personal self-care and support of staff in their own care.
Survivors Rising values lived experience as expertise.
This is a full-time salaried position and will require evening and weekend availability. It will also require travel to Lincoln, NE during the legislative session.
Resumes will be accepted through
end of business on Thursday, October 31, 2019.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter via email to:
Survivors Rising is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)